What is a logo and identity?
Logo, identity and brand are different things that form the image of a company, service or product.
Identity is a visual component of a brand, designed to increase its recognition and create an impression of integrity.
- Logo (company identification symbol)
- Company documentation (letterhead, business cards, envelopes, etc.)
- Promotional products (flyers, brochures, books, flyers, etc.)
- Product and packaging (corporate-style product and packaging)
- Branded clothing (clothing for company staff)
- Environmental design (interior and exterior of the company)
- Actions and messages (indirect and direct communications)
- Another association (sound, smell, touch, etc.)
Other visual components representing the company and the business.
The starting point for creating an identity is the logo. It serves to identify a company or product through the use of a sign, symbol or signature. Logos are for recognition, not for clarification. The meaning of a logo is far more important than how it looks.
The logo begins to fulfill its function only after it becomes recognizable.
To sum up, we can say that identity is the visual aspects that form one of the components of the entire brand. A logo is an identifying graphic symbol of a company or product.
The most important aspect of brand success is the integrity of the visual image and positioning, mission, values, communication policy, etc.
Graphic designer of a full cycle advertising agency LIC MEDIA GROUP